IE & OS X

Rob Lineweaver rlineweaver@harrisonburg.k12.va.us
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 09:23:57 -0400

Greetings,

In the Add Event page of Kronolith, Internet Explorer 5.1 on Mac OS X would not
render the table correctly (screenshot at http://staff.harrisonburg.k12.va.us/
~rlineweaver/addevent.gif if you're interested).  I looked through the HTML for
the table and couldn't find anything wrong, but I finally figured out the
problem.  The select widget that lets you choose the number of days in the
duration of the event goes up to 1000 days.  Cutting that number down fixed it.
It must be some sort of bug in IE that chokes on such a large number of options
in a select widget.  In my quick test it looks like it will display 700 options
correctly but not 800 or more.  For my kronolith setup I cut it down to 366
anyway, and my OS X users are happy.

The number is in lib/Event.php around line 381 where there is:
for ($i=0; $i<1000; $i++) {
I just changed the 1000 to 366.  You may wish to do the same if you have OS X
users.

I recommend that this change be made in CVS unless people feel strongly about
events lasting up to 1000 days.

Thanks,

Rob Lineweaver
:)