[kronolith] Holidays

Sat, 13 Apr 2002 21:50:00 -0500

Quoting Brandon Knitter <knitterb@blandsite.org>:

> Has anyone ever thought of automagicaly adding holidays to the calendar?
> I'm not sure where to get the list...

Yes, I've thought that the feature would be great!

> Some are easy, like Christmas or Independence Day, but some are hard, like
> Easter, Thanksgiving, or Mothers Day since they fall on a specific day of
> the week, week of the year/month, etc.
>
> Anyone ever put any thought into this?

Only that I'd love it to be available, not as to how to implement it.

But, I'd say it ought to be something that can be modified per site.
For example, I work for a university, so I not only want to add holidays,
but also school dates (classes starting, final exams, staff holidays,
spring break, commencement, etc).

--
Eric Rostetter
eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu

Hey Rocky!  Watch me pull a rabbit from my hat!