[kronolith] Holidays

Jan Schneider jan@horde.org
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 00:42:30 +0200

Zitat von Michael Cochrane <mike@graftonhall.co.nz>:

> I would prefer the one person generate for the rest of us method, as this
> will
> cut down on instalation hassles and lead to less frustration...
>
> gcal doesn't seem to break down the holidays by locals very well... but
> then
> I've only been playing with it for 10 mins.... so once a list is
> generated I
> think there will be a few diffs as everyone fixes the holidays for their
> particular region, I know there's allready one mistake in the New
> Zealand
> holidays... (we don't have a New Zealand day, it's Waitangi Day).

I haven't tried gcal yet, but the fact that it offers locale holidays for
almost every country on the world makes it the only alternative to me that
makes sense. Or is anyone on this list volunteering to maintain such a list
for Kronolith? :-)

And I don't think it makes sense to create such lists by gcal for every
possible country and make it available in Kronolith or on the Horde site.

Jan.