[kronolith] Holidays

Jan Schneider jan@horde.org
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 10:18:47 +0200

Zitat von Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu>:

> Quoting Jan Schneider <jan@horde.org>:
>
> > And I don't think it makes sense to create such lists by gcal for every
>
> > possible country and make it available in Kronolith or on the Horde
> site.
> >
> > Jan.
>
> It seems a bit daunting, but if horde can maintain locale translations
> for
> multiple languages for all the apps, then I think it shouldn't be
> much harder to maintain locale holiday lists for one app.
>
> I'm not saying the horde project should do this (although I'm leaning
> that
> way) I'm just kind of comparing the locale calendar issue to the locale
> language translation issue, and thinking if one is possible surely the
> other is also.

I don't think you can compare these two. If your mother tongue isn't
currently supported by Horde, you most probably will find a language that
you understand well enough to use the apps. I guess with Chinese, Spanish,
English, German, Portuguese and French we already cover the big majority of
the earth's people. (btw, anyone wants to provide a Klingon translation?)

But you have rather no use of another's country holidays. Got that point?

Jan.