[kronolith] Holidays

Brandon Knitter knitterb@blandsite.org
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 11:28:59 -0700

Quoting m.ibarra@cdcixis-na.com:
> I think that you may have missed Chucks point. I believe what he meant was
> that
> you should be able to choose what holidays you wish to see. Let's not turn
> this into a religous debate, which is not what Chuck was trying to do.

No debate, done! :)

Oh!  If I can pick and choose that is cool.  I thought he was proposing a master
list.  In any case, any duplciation of gcal works seems like a bad exercise, and
it seems as though this isn't so.

The cool idea here is what Chuck and Jan _were_ proposing, pehaps the coffee
finally kicked in, a subscription or service of holidays.  If this was easy to
download and install (as well as remove) holidays based upon my preference, that
would kick butt.  I think the major advantage here is that the centrally
maintained list would allow for global updates.

Jan mentioned that we could still leverage gcal on the server side, I guess this
fits the part that I'm most interested in, reuse.

--
-bk