[kronolith] Re: [dev] Palm(c) datebook import to kronolith - patch

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 12:11:41 -0400

Quoting Mathieu CLABAUT <mathieu.clabaut@free.fr>:

>  Ok ! I was thinking about syncing directly between palm and horde
>  without the man in the middle (palm desktop) - I must say I don't use
>  palm desktop which may explain why I didnīt understand. I must give a
>  look to yahoo's way of doing it.

Okay. I'm not sure what's possible without using Palm Desktop...

>  I think it can be just a matter of adding some more logic to merge
>  change in both databases (kronolith an Datebook.pdb). But I'm not sure
>  on how to manage conflict (I don't know how traditional sync resolv the
>  problem : i.e. when a record is delete on a side, and updated on the
>  other side ) and how to manage difference between database (kronolith
>  has some field that palm database lacks - category, for example).
>  A way to solve difference, would be to add textual information in the
>  palm note field which give the corrresponding information ...

Uh, sure Palm has categories... as for conflicts, I think the way the palm
software handles it is by keeping both versions if things can't be
resolved.

>  Another subject : In nag (as in palm Todo), I lack the possibility to
>  add a recuring task. Is there a plan for that ? Must I give a try based
>  on kronolith recuring event implementation ?

No current plans.

Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"A dream which helps you to live your reality with dignity
 and justice is a good dream." - Tariq Ramadan