Alarm Notification/Second Alarm Was: [kronolith] Question About TheAlarm

Brandon Knitter knitterb@blandsite.org
Mon, 20 May 2002 08:37:54 -0700 (PDT)

> Yes, I want the alarming thing via (best) email. And I believe it's not
> only me who
> wants that. For which other reason is the alarming function in the calender shown? Only
> for using it i think. And calendars need this feature. No question for me.
>
> Can you tell me the time when we can see a first solve? 1 week, 1 month...? I ask,
> because I have several people on my server who are testing and reporting me problems and
> ideas about all the nice horde modules which are installed on my machine.

With my time these days, maybe even by the end of the week, I just need to
figure out how some of the kronolith things work, and how to become more
proficient in php, and then I shuld be able to submit a script for
proposed cron utilization.

Kronolith cvs commiters, is this an acceptable approach before I put too
much time into it?  I would write a script that will see what meeting
alarms are coming up and send alerts for them.  Since we only have one
alarm, and we have no "marked as alerted" mechanism right now, I would
simply maintain a file in the horde tmp space (obviously reconfigurable
later).

Thanks,
bk