[kronolith] Kronolith 1.0 (final)

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 09:01:37 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Steven Scott <bodoni26@resnet.gatech.edu> wrote:

> how do you go about upgrading this?  I'm fairly new to the whole horde
> framework...

Well, this is the first official Kronolith release, so I'm not sure
upgrading is really "supported" (for whatever that would mean, if it was
"supported")... but anyway:

With most Horde apps, you can either use the patch tarballs (not an option
for Kronolith, since it's 1.0), or just unpack the new full source tarball
over top of the old directory.  Of course, standard sys. admin.
precautions (i.e., make a full backup of everything before you start) are
always good.  :-)

> is it going to fry my settings?  my database?

No; it won't touch the database.  And your settings are safe, because the
tarballs only have ".dist" files, so the local ones won't be overwritten.
You will, however, have to merge new entries from the .dist files into the
local ones.

> is mcal still needed?

It wasn't needed before, actually.  You can store Kronolith events in SQL.

Speaking of which, I have some SQL scripts that will assist with the
upgrade process from the older Horde apps to the new ones just released
yesterday.  I'll put them up on contrib in a bit.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org> N0BJN
Other contact information: http://www.nordist.net/contact.html