[kronolith] iCalendar/vCalendar support in Kronolith - including scheduling!

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 20:10:23 -0400

A brief update on iCalendar/vCalendar support in Kronolith:

We now support importing and exporting of the iCalendar/vCalendar format.
Right now the only fields that are supported are SUMMARY, DESCRIPTION,
DTSTART, and DTEND, but:

a). All the code is in pretty much one place, so supporting more fields is
easy and will automatically improve all of the various import/export code.

b). That covers most events, really, and getting the infrastructure in place
and working was more important.

Note that between Kronolith's support for sending iCalendar invitations (a
text/x-vcalendar attachment) and the new Horde MIME_Viewer_icalander, the
Horde suite now supports email-based scheduling. You can create an event,
send invitations to it to anyone with an email address, and they can add it
to their calendar. Better yet, it's interoperable with any calendar/email
system that can either send or receive these standard attachments.

_constructive_ bug reports/suggestions on this are welcome, and patches to
improve the set of iCalendar fields supported (or other improvements)
especially so.

Enjoy!

Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>