[kronolith] parse remote calenders

Tim Terlegård timte878@student.liu.se
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 14:19:38 +0200

> What i would suggest is you write a data class that can import
> these files.

Ok, I'll do that.

> Adding the data class would allow a user to upload one of these
> files and have the events imported into their calendar.

Upload? Where?
I want my LUG calender to have all LUG events from those LUGs that offer an event file. You could make it in two ways as I see it.
1. Everytime a user enters the page with this calender of all LUG events, the LUGs' calenders are parsed and the events are shown on one page.
2. Every 15th minute cron parses the LUGs' calenders and stores the events in the database. When a user enters the page only the database is queried.

I guess the second is the best?

> Otherwise start writting an
> otheraccounts like feature, similar to the fetchmail in imp.

Hmm, no  :-)

-- Tim