[kronolith] parse remote calenders

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Sun, 25 Aug 2002 11:00:30 -0400

Quoting Tim Terlegård <timte878@student.liu.se>:

> Caching as saving in memory, file or database?

Some kind of local storage. It's hard for me to imagine memory being
effective, but a _huge_ site using a shared mem cache might find it so.

> Is cron necessary for subscriptions or can it be done
> in another way? Horde using its own perl daemon that
> is configurable through subscriptions.php?
>
> Ok ok, maybe I'll check the Mozilla code too  :-)
> But how is Jonah doing it?

Jonah provides a few scripts that can be run by whatever method you like.
Now that command-line PHP is in better shape, I'd like to look into writing
a PHP daemon that can do scheduled events, send people email, etc.

Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>