[kronolith] Apple's iCal and calendaring w/ a WebDAV backend..

Liam Hoekenga liamr@umich.edu
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 14:23:32 -0400

Have any of you seen Apple's page about iCal (their calendaring product)?

    http://www.apple.com/ical/

Specifically interesting was:

    iCal will be available as a free download this September and requires
    Mac OS X version 10.2 “Jaguar.” Publishing calendars on the Internet
    requires a .Mac membership or a WebDAV server.

I was thinking it would be cool to find out how iCal used WebDAV as a calendar
backend, and if a compatible backend was written for Kronolith.  I'm pretty sure
apple has embraced the whole vCard format (and doesn't vCard have calendaring
capability).

I'm not really in a position to work on this right now, but I thought it was
worth mentioning should someone else want to pick up the ball.

Liam