[kronolith] Fwd: [dev] Re: [cvs] commit: kronolith/docs CHANGES kronolithday.php menu.phpmonth.php prefs.php week.php workweek.php kronolith/graphics private.gif public.gif

Marc G. Fournier scrappy@hub.org
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 23:01:46 -0300 (ADT)

On Wed, 4 Sep 2002, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Quoting "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>:
>
> > I've checked everyone I can think of, including rebuilding the database
> > since Chuck mentioned that PEAR is supposed to auto-create this, and it
> > doesn't seem to make a difference :(
>
> Did you make sure that the horde user has permission to create tables?

Okay, this is where I may be mis-understanding you ... all connections to
the database are as user pgsql (the superuser), so there shouldn't be any
issues about the ability to create tables:

// If Horde uses a database, which database backend are we using? If
// you are not using a database for anything, you can ignore this
// entire section. Valid drivers include 'mysql', 'pgsql', 'odbc',
// 'mssql', and 'oci8'.
$conf['sql']['phptype'] = 'pgsql';

// What hostname is the database server running on, or what is the
// name of the system DSN to use?
$conf['sql']['hostspec'] = 'db.pluto.hub.org';

// What username do we authenticate to the database server as?
$conf['sql']['username'] = 'pgsql';

// What password do we authenticate to the database server with?
$conf['sql']['password'] = '';

// What database name/tablespace are we using?
$conf['sql']['database'] = '1_pluto_hub_org';

pluto# psql -U pgsql -h venus 1_pluto_hub_org
Welcome to psql, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

       \h for help with SQL commands
       \? for help on internal slash commands
       \q to quit

1_pluto_hub_org=# \d
           List of relations
        Name         |   Type   | Owner
---------------------+----------+-------
 hermes_clientjobs   | table    | pgsql
 hermes_jobtypes     | table    | pgsql
 hermes_timesheets   | table    | pgsql
 hermes_timeslices   | table    | pgsql
 horde_categories    | table    | pgsql
 horde_prefs         | table    | pgsql
 horde_vfs           | table    | pgsql
 juno_accounts       | table    | pgsql
 juno_payees         | table    | pgsql
 juno_payments       | table    | pgsql
 juno_registers      | table    | pgsql
 kronolith_events    | table    | pgsql
 mnemo_memos         | table    | pgsql
 nag_tasks           | table    | pgsql
 turba_objects       | table    | pgsql
 userpref            | table    | pgsql
 userpref_prefid_seq | sequence | pgsql
(17 rows)

1_pluto_hub_org=# create table thisisatest ( name text );
CREATE
1_pluto_hub_org=#