[kronolith] problem with zh_TW charset

Jan Schneider jan@horde.org
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 14:12:30 +0200

See http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.mbstring.php

> This situation was happen recently,but 1 month ago kronolith was fine.

This happens because the "standard" substr() function in PHP isn't multibyte
safe and we apply it on a translated string in the edit screen (and probably
in more screens in the future). By using the mbstring extension you can
overload the standard string functions with multibyte safe versions.

It would be great if you could find out if it works because the accesskey
feature we currently test and that causes this problem should be used in
many places in the future but we can't if it doesn't work with multibyte
charsets.

Jan.