[kronolith] recur_enddate_year

Jan Schneider jan@horde.org
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 11:00:40 +0200

Zitat von Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org>:

> Quoting Cliff Green <green@UMDNJ.EDU>:
>
> > In Event.php, in function html, why is $recur_enddate_year set to next
> > year by default?  It seems to me confusing for the year to be set to
> this
> > year plus one, while the month and day are set to whatever date was
> > clicked on in the calendar view.
>
> It must have seemed like a good idea at some point. Changed in CVS.

And it still is. What sense does it make to set the default end date for a
recurring event to the same day the event starts? How many events do you
have in real life that recur a few time on the same day?

It's probably a matter of taste if to set the default end date one day, one
month or one year from now, but one year was probably the easiest to implement.

This piece of code was actually changed like four times forth and back, so
I'll keep my hands off this time. ;-)

Jan.