Fwd: Re: [kronolith] recur_enddate_year

Jan Schneider jan@horde.org
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 16:16:39 +0200

----- Weitergeleitete Nachricht von green@UMDNJ.EDU -----
    Datum: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 10:12:26 -0400
    Von: Cliff Green <green@UMDNJ.EDU>
Antwort an: Cliff Green <green@UMDNJ.EDU>
 Betreff: Re: [kronolith] recur_enddate_year
      An: Jan Schneider <jan@horde.org>

Quoting Jan Schneider <jan@horde.org>:
> > It must have seemed like a good idea at some point. Changed in CVS.
>
> And it still is. What sense does it make to set the default end date for a
> recurring event to the same day the event starts? How many events do you
> have in real life that recur a few time on the same day?

None.  On the other hand, we have very few recurring events that end a year from
now.

I don't know what the best way to do this would be, and I don't think another
administrative preference setting is such a good idea (creeping featuritis being
an Evil to Avoid).  Would it make sense to leave the default empty and require
the user to choose some values if the option is selected, before allowing the
edit screen to close?

> It's probably a matter of taste if to set the default end date one day, one
> month or one year from now, but one year was probably the easiest to
> implement.
>
> This piece of code was actually changed like four times forth and back, so
> I'll keep my hands off this time. ;-)

For a little while.  <g>

Cliff Green
Academic Computing Services - UMDNJ