[kronolith] couple of questions

Edwin Culp eculp@encontacto.net
Sat, 21 Sep 2002 10:02:07 -0700

 | Quoting Nate Mollring <nmollring@cennecs.org>:
 |
 | > Is the 'My Calendar' going to be able to be shared to other users
 |
 | This is already implemented in CVS.
 |
 | > Also, does anyone else think that when adding users to the list of
 | > 'members' to a calendar it would be nicer to be able to choose from the
 | > list of all horde users instead of punching in each email address by
 | > itself?
 |
 | Yes, of course. However, this is complicated because we support some
 | authentication backends where we can't _get_ a list of users - from, say, an
 | IMAP server. It's something I mean to look in to when I have some time.

If the same backend is used for horde authentication as imap and/or
there is an option similar to 'hordeauth' => 'full' for most if not all
modules, wouldn't it be less complicated?  In my case I use ldap for
courier-imap and turba but not for horde to not have to login twice.
With that out of the way, could turba not be my selection tool, could
accounts not become the tool for maintaining my directory with little
change?  I'm sure this could probably be done with mysql, too.  I think
most of us are going to virtual users and domains rather than systems
users for many reasons and most of the pieces are in horde to facilitate
that change, IMO.

I hope that makes some sense.

ed