[kronolith] (no subject)

Edwin Culp eculp@encontacto.net
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 08:45:29 -0700

Quoting Mike Cochrane <mike@graftonhall.co.nz>:

 | You need the ctype library installed...

I'm confused.  I'm seeing the same and from php.net I believed that:

Beginning with PHP 4.2.0 these functions are enabled by default. For
older versions you have to configure and compile PHP with --enable-ctype.

I'm running PHP head as of yesterday but with apache2 and that concerns
me a bit as I've had some strange problems with this combination recently.

I'm going to do a cvs update and recompile php4-dev and explicitly enable
ctype with the old --enable-ctype.

<pause>

Before sending this I did the above and the problem remained.

I have now gone back to apache13 with php4.2.3 and all works with no
other changes ????  FYI and beware YMMV.

I'm going to go back to php4-dev but really don't anticipate problems.
(Famous last words;)

I'm begining to believe the warnings that I have read about the possible
consequences of using php4-dev and apache2.

ed

If that doesn't work