[kronolith] Reoccurring events problem

Aaron aka va_fish_freek aaron@vafishfreek.com
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 11:03:22 -0400

Over the weekend I posted a question to this mail list about a problem I
had with the reoccurring events not working correctly because any event I
added with "NO end Date" selected was given an end time of later that same
day.  I did not get a response like I have seen many other questions so I
started digging into the kronolith files and I belive I found a
solution.  I am posting the solution here so anyone else can correct the issue.

The problem I had was with Kronolith 1.0 on Horde 2.1

Under the /horde/kronolith/lib path edit the file Event.php

Find the following lines of code about (should start on line 351 or so

        // recurrence
         $recur = Horde::getFormData('recur');
         if (!is_null($recur) && $recur !== '') {
             if (Horde::getFormData('recur_enddate_type') == 'none') {
                 $recur_enddate_year = 9999;
                 $recur_enddate_month = 12;
                 $recur_enddate_day = 31;
             } else

Edit the $recur_enddate_year = 9999; line to be some other year.  I changed
mine to 2010.

I am using RH 7.3 with apache 1.3.X so maybe its the server OS that has a
problem with the 9999 date so changing it to something less infinite might
help.