[kronolith] kron CVS HEAD issues/questions

Sun, 6 Oct 2002 16:10:12 -0500

Running CVS HEAD from about a week or so ago.  Having several issues:

1) Sending iCal invites works great.  But some people are only running
   Office 98, which supports vCalendar but not iCalendar invitations.
   Anyone thinking about supporting more formats for invitation *sending*.
   (Note: it already seems to imports vCal attachments correctly)

2) I have a "remote" calendar.  When in the calendar, I say not to show it.
   Every time I come back to calendar, it shows up again.  No matter how many
   time I say not to show it, it always re-appears next time.  This does not
   happen for my personal or shared calendars, only for the remote calendar.

3) After upgrading to this latest CVS version with all the really cool
   shared/multiple/remote/etc calendar support, it is *really slow* to
   display the calendar.  I've not really investigated, but it appears to
   hit the database pretty hard (from looking at 'top' running when I bring
   up the calendar).  Also, since it always hits my remote calendar, that
   may also be part of the slowness?  But, the question is: anyone else seeing
   a dramatic slowdown, and if so, any ideas on how to tune it (like database
   optimizations/indexes, etc).

Yeah, lots of questions, no answers... Sorry about that...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!