[kronolith] A solution for event notification

David U. davidu@everydns.net
Tue Oct 22 21:00:40 2002

Tom Redfern wrote:
> I'm playing around with the kronolith's lack of effective alarm
> system.  What I did was write a perl script that accesses the
> database, and checks the alarm time and notifies by email.  I call it
> eventtrack.

What's wrong with php?  Just about everything in Horde is written in PHP and
there's no technical reason why this shouldn't be.

> This whole things has the smell of a nother horde module, if somone
> was to write a php interface to allow entry via php.

I think it's a good idea, but written in PHP.
Post a copy of it and maybe we can just port it over pretty quick.

> Any interest in this?

Sure.

-davidu