[kronolith] Kronolith, Horde, MySQL, phpMyAdmin, PHP and Apache version compatibility

Charles Kaucher kaucher@cgki.com
Wed Oct 30 15:57:07 2002

I have installed the Horde 2.1 and Kronolith 1.0 as stable versions and
was able to get them up and running.

I then decided to go bleading edge and install the most recent from the
CVS.  Naturally Kronolith didnot work with Horde 2.1 because it seems to
require the most recent Horde and that was upgraded as well.

Next it seems that the LATEST Horde requires the most recent version of
PHP. PHP was upgraded to 4.2.3.

Also running is MySQL 3.23.46 and Apache 1.3.22.

I suspect things might have worked from that point on for Horde and
Kronolith BUT not so for phpMYadmin.  It seems there is a bug in PHP
4.2.3 that affects mbstring functions. see
<http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=19404> and
<http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=19460>.

The version of phpMYadmin is 2.2.6 <http://www.phpmyadmin.net/>

So PHP 4.2.1 doesnot seems to have this problem and seemingly works with
Horde and Kronolith but I am still investigating this -- clinmbing the
learning curve of both programs.

I do however seem to have problems creating multiple calendars.  They do
not seem to be saved anywhere even though it is says it has been saved.
This however could be a userI/O problem. :>) Could someone provide the
structure of their MySQL DB as as a sanity check?

What versions of PHP, MYSQL, and phpMYadmin and Apache are people using
with the cutting edge stuff of Horde and Kronolith?