[kronolith] storing calendars in LDAP-tree?

Klavs Klavsen kl@vsen.dk
Tue Nov 26 12:15:08 2002

Hi guys,

I'm trying to setup IMP+kronolith,turba,etc. and I'm hoping to store
everything in an LDAP-tree (as to avoid running and maintaining and
backing up both mysql and ldap) - and ldap is needed for central
authentication/address book and all that which ldap was intended fore.

As far as I can tell, Kronolith can store it's prefs in an LDAP-tree -
but not the users calendars. they can be stored in iCal format for in
MySQL.

I was wondering if you have it on your todo-list to implement a way to
store users calendars in the ldap-tree? I guess this would be done, by
making a kronolith-calendar.schema - possibly looking a lot like the
Ical format - so it would be easy to make interfaces too it - using the
ical driver ? just wild ideas, based on me knowing nothing about ical
:-)

Any input? Anyone else who wants this, and have made thoughts about
this? perhaps we could talk a bit, and come up with some code?

Mainly, I want to be sure that no one else is coding on this already,
and that it if it is implemented like the project admins want, will be
added to kronolith tree?

Thank you in advance.