[kronolith] Category Error with PostgreSQL

Dan Wilson dan at acucore.com
Wed Dec 4 20:03:54 2002

I updated from CVS-HEAD this morning and now get the following error when
attempting to view my Calendar.

ERROR: Function 'concat(varchar, unknown, int4, unknown, int4)' does not exist

The actual error that I got was several instances of: 'Notice: Uninitialized
string offset: 0 in /home/dan/public_html/horde/lib/Category.php on line 495'

But I went in a put "print_r($data);" just before line 493 in lib/Category.php
which resulted in the printing of the db_error Object with the database error
indicated above.

The function concat is not supported in PostgreSQL.  Instead, a operator
of '||' is used.

I have been unable to determine where this query is created, so I am unable to
investigate further.

-Dan

PS.  It might be better to check if $data is an error object before attempting
to do anything with it.