[kronolith] Contacts, Locations and shared calendars

Jeroen Huinink j.huinink at wanadoo.nl
Thu Dec 5 13:13:56 2002

Hello Everybody,

First off, I apologize if this is not the right forum to ask these
questions. If so, could you please point out the proper forum?
Furthermore I was not able to find any design documentation or long term
development plans on Kronolith and I suspect that some of my questions might
be answered in such documentation. Could anybody point them out to me if
they exits?

My questions:
1. Is it possible to configure Kronolith so that a user can add a (link to
a) Turba contact to an event?

2. Is it possible to define fixed values for the Location field somewhere
within the Kronolith configuration or do I need to change the code to make
this possible?
If so, would anybody else like to have this feature as well? I could create
the code to do this, make it configurable and submit a patch.

3. I am the manager for a consultancy department of a software firm. I would
like to use kronolith to schedule appointments for the consultants in my
department. Currently we use the OV/400 calendar on the IBM AS/400 and
extract information from that into a webpage. IBM discontinues OV/400 so we
are looking for a new webbased solution. The webpage that we create shows
the people in my department on different rows in a table. The columns
represent the days of the month. This allows me to easily see gaps in people
schedule and decide who to send where.
Currently in Kronolith the events from the shared calendars are "mapped"
into a single view. Is anybody else interested in this side-by-side view? I
created a working prototype and am willing to do some more work on it and
submit that, but I would like to know if other people are interested and how
this should be integrated into Kronolith. Does this need to be configurable
or do I need to make a seperate view for this?

Regards,
Jeroen