[kronolith] Predefined Locations (was Re: Contacts, Locations and shared calendars)

Jeroen Huinink j.huinink at wanadoo.nl
Sun Dec 8 21:10:09 2002

Hello,

I am going about my points one at a time and with the last one delivered I
am going to tackle the next:

"Jan Schneider" <jan@horde.org> wrote:
> Zitat von Jeroen Huinink <j.huinink@wanadoo.nl>:
> > 2. Is it possible to define fixed values for the Location field
somewhere
> > within the Kronolith configuration or do I need to change the code to
> > make
> > this possible?
> > If so, would anybody else like to have this feature as well? I could
> > create
> > the code to do this, make it configurable and submit a patch.
>
> Sounds interesting. I'd make it an user option for certain calendars not a
> server wide setting.

Do you mean that this should be a "per calendar" setting? I can understand
that you would want this in certain environments. How I would implement this
is through global preferences that can be overruled on a "per calendar"
basis. However I looked over the code and went through whatever
documentation I could not find how to use the preferences system to store
per calendar (or per share) preferences. I did find the function
getPrefByShare in lib/Share.php and I tried to reverse enigineer the code
using this function, but I could not find a function setPrefByShare or how
to perform the task of such a function. Did I miss something? Could somebody
familiar with the code give me some pointers?

Regards,
Jeroen