[kronolith] Re: Re: Re: Reimplement column spanning in DayViewandWeekView(commit please)

Jeroen Huinink j.huinink at wanadoo.nl
Thu Dec 19 18:07:36 PST 2002

Hello,

Chuck wrote:
> In my opinion, it is better to continue debugging the current algorithm
> because it is:
>
> 1. Now fully documented
> 2. Corrected for all known cases, including years of testing on all kinds
of
>    event combinations.
>
> I appreciate the work you put into trying to fix the problem, but I think
> we're better served going forward with the code as it is now. Please do
> provide other examples that break the code, if you find them, and I hope
you
> continue contributing the side-by-side code - and hopefully more in the
future!

Sure. After re-reading my previous reply I found that I sounded a little
cocky. I apologise. If I find any more scenario's that break the code I'll
submit them to the list. If I have the chance to fix things while working on
my side-by-side code I'll not hesitate to do so. (haven't had a chance to do
so this week, maybe today). I'll go through the comments that you included
in the code and try to find out how it is supposed to fit together. If I
still don't get the general picture or have additional questions I'll let
you know, because I think I will need the big picture for my sid-by-side
thing.

Regards,
Jeroen