[kronolith] Categories. Shared or not to share?

Charles Kaucher kaucher at cgki.com
Wed Jan 1 17:04:34 PST 2003

I think there is something erroneous about Categories and there color
assignments.  See if you can reproduce this.

1. Create a number of categories in one user(Horde) who has several
shared calendars. Give each category a unique color.

2. In another user(Editor) who is is permissioned to audit those
calendars and add the exact same categories in the exact same order but
DO NOT give them any color. Accept the default color.

3. Now have user Editor apply the categories to events on the calendars
that were created By Horde.

4. Now log out and log in and view the monthly calendar.

The events will be in the colors of the categories you assigned under
the user Horde and Not the user Editor.

Additionally, I found if I add a category under user Editor not using
the same category name as under user Horde it still adopts the color of
the categories under user Horde.

I don't think that was intended.  I think was intended that each user
should be able to make there own categories and assign their own colors.

This bug/feature is closer what I need but not exactly:  to be able to
create certain categories by the administrator that are not changeable
by users but usable by all users and viewable in their list of categories.

Would it be useful to people to be able to turn off users' capabilities
to make categories and/or rather to use only shared categories on shared
calendars. Or perhaps it should be that anyone who can edit/delete a
calendar should have access to the categories of the person who created
the calendar.

Is this reproducible by anyone?

What is the planned implmentaion of categories on shared calendars?

Here is my configuration.
Horde Versions

     * Horde: 3.0-cvs
     * Kronolith: 2.0-cvs
     * Jonah: 0.0.3-cvs (run Jonah tests)
     * Mnemo: 2.0-cvs
     * Nag: 2.0-cvs

PHP Version

     * View phpinfo() screen
     * View loaded extensions
     * PHP Version: 4.2.1
     * PHP Major Version: 4.2
     * PHP Minor Version: 1
     * PHP Version Classification: release
* You are running a supported version of PHP.

PHP Module Capabilities

     * Ctype Support: Yes
     * DOM XML Support: Yes
     * FTP Support: Yes
     * Gettext Support: Yes
     * IMAP Support: Yes
     * LDAP Support: No
     * MCAL Support: No
     * Mcrypt Support: Yes
     * Mime Magic Support: No
     * MySQL Support: Yes
     * OpenSSL Support: Yes
     * PostgreSQL Support: Yes
     * XML Support: Yes

Miscellaneous PHP Settings

     * magic_quotes_runtime disabled: Yes
     * file_uploads enabled: Yes
     * safe_mode disabled: Yes
     * trans_sid disabled: Yes

PHP Sessions

     * Session counter: 1
     * To unregister the session: click here

PEAR

     * PEAR - Yes
     * Recent PEAR - Yes
     * Mail - Yes
     * Mail_Mime - Yes
     * Log - Yes
     * DB - Yes
     * Net_Socket - Yes
     * File - Yes (Test for a known problem with File.php)
* Date - Yes