[kronolith] problems with install of Kronolith 1.0

Adam Lynch horde at sprawl.net
Tue Feb 4 18:14:50 PST 2003

'Lo, all-

  I'm having a devil of a time installing Kronolith.

  The version of Kronolith is 1.0, the version of Horde is 2.2.1 . I'm also
running IMP 3.1 and Turba 1.1.

  First, I was going to use SQL to store events, to keep the use of SQL constant
across as many apps as possible. So I create the new table (in the horde db, as
well), and modify my config/conf.php to my liking (for the sql driver, and the
appropriate SQL host login information). Here's the snippet from that:

/**
 ** Calendar Driver Settings
 **/

// What calendar backend is being used? Right now, the only options are
// 'mcal' and 'sql', but others may appear at some point in the future.
$conf['calendar']['driver'] = 'sql';

// What MCAL driver is being used? 'mstore' is the local file driver,
// and is the only one with extensive testing. There is also an ICAP
// driver, and theoretically an ICAP server, but Kronolith has not
// been tested with them.
// $conf['calendar']['params']['driver'] = 'mstore';

// The mstore driver requires a username and a password that is in
// /etc/mpasswd in order to access local calendars.
// $conf['calendar']['params']['username'] = 'kronolith';
// $conf['calendar']['params']['password'] = 'kr0n0lith';

// This is an example configuration for an sql driver, in this case MySQL.
$conf['calendar']['params']['phptype'] = 'mysql';
$conf['calendar']['params']['hostspec'] = 'localhost';
$conf['calendar']['params']['username'] = 'horde';
$conf['calendar']['params']['password'] = 'blarg';
$conf['calendar']['params']['database'] = 'horde';
$conf['calendar']['params']['table'] = 'kronolith_events';

  No beans. This gives me the following in a browser:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: iswarning() in
/var/www/html/horde/kronolith/lib/Driver/sql.php on line 64

  No hints in the horde log file, or in the apache logs. I'm using the same
login information for the SQL db that IMP and Turba are using. If I change the
password, or any other SQL info from the above, I get a nicely formatted "DB
Error: connect failed" message, like I'd expect. So I don't think its a problem
with what I'm putting in config.php .

  Here's where it gets stranger. I tried to switch over to mcal, but that gives
me nothing but a page with empty <HTML> and <BODY> tags.

  Any ideas? I'd like to use SQL event storage if possble.

Thanks!

--
---
AdamL.

alynch at sprawl.net
http://sprawl.net

     Perfection is what we achieve when we lower our standards.