[kronolith] Unable to insert anything

Kevin M. Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Mon Feb 10 08:13:14 PST 2003

Hi Sergio,

I just walked through this exact problem on my install.  It turns out that
somewhere along the line, my horde user lost or was never granted privileges to
make changes to the horde database.  Look in the horde/scripts/db directory and
find the "master" sql script for your install.  Find the part that relates to
the horde user access and run that portion from the command line.  For my
install (MySQL), it would look something like this:

mysql mysql (-u <user> -p, if needed)

You should get the mysql command prompt, then enter:

REPLACE INTO db (host, db, user, select_priv, insert_priv, update_priv,
                 delete_priv, create_priv, drop_priv)
    VALUES (
        'localhost',
        'horde',
        'horde',
        'Y', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y',
        'Y', 'Y'
    );
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

There are some databases that are autocreated if they don't exist - they all
appear to end in *_seq and I had to manually create some of them.
horde_categories_seq was one of them - I can send you the SQL for that if it
doesn't get created.

After I had made those changes, the undefined index error went away.

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer
Systems Administrator