[kronolith] What is wrong with my question? Fatal Error: Kronolith

"Markus K. Schäffauer" Markus.K.Schaeffauer at gmx.de
Mon Feb 17 17:29:52 PST 2003

Hi,

please can somebody tell me why there is nobody answering to my question?
What is wrong with it? (see at bottom)

Tell me your opinion - I will stand it out or defend me.
There is nothing worse than to be ignored.

Ciao Markus

Hi,

after installing HORDE another time with all recent stable versions
(Horde 2.2.1, Turba
1.1, Kronolith 1.0, Nag 1.1), it is running everything ok, but not
Kronolith:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in
/opt/lampp/htdocs/horde/kronolith/lib/base.php on line 71

As some of you suggest in the news, it seems to be a problem of the
config.php
of Kronolith, but I can not find anything wrong - and I am still getting
the
error message after login and when clicking on "Horde" or on "Kronolith".

The settings of the config.php of Kronolith is the following:

**
** Calendar Driver Settings
**/

// What calendar backend is being used? Right now, the only options are
// 'mcal' and 'sql', but others may appear at some point in the future.
$conf['calendar']['driver'] = 'sql';

// What MCAL driver is being used? 'mstore' is the local file driver,
// and is the only one with extensive testing. There is also an ICAP
// driver, and theoretically an ICAP server, but Kronolith has not
// been tested with them.
//$conf['calendar']['params']['driver'] = 'mstore';

// The mstore driver requires a username and a password that is in //
/etc/mpasswd in order to access local calendars.
//$conf['calendar']['params']['username'] = '';
//$conf['calendar']['params']['password'] = '';

//This is an example configuration for an sql driver, in this case MySQL.
$conf['calendar']['params']['phptype'] = 'mysql';
$conf['calendar']['params']['hostspec'] = 'localhost';
$conf['calendar']['params']['username'] = 'root';
$conf['calendar']['params']['password'] = '****';
$conf['calendar']['params']['database'] = 'horde';
$conf['calendar']['params']['table'] = 'kronolith_events';

I use "imap" as auth with imp (in prefs.php I commentend out the two
lines). In
horde.php I put the following:

/**
** Horde Authentication
**/

// If you want to use IMP with Horde and don't want to let the users
// login twice (once for Horde and once for IMP) you can setup Horde
// to let IMP do the authentication stuff. Just uncomment the
// auth/login/logout lines in registry.php instead of configuring the
// following settings.

// What backend should we use for authenticating users to Horde? Valid
// options are currently 'imap', 'ldap', 'mcal', 'sql', 'ftp' and 'krb5'.
$conf['auth']['driver'] = 'imap';

// An array holding any parameters that the Auth object will need to
// function correctly.
$conf['auth']['params'] = array();

// For IMAP, this is the server name, port, protocol, etc.
// $conf['auth']['params']['dsn'] = '{imap.example.com:143/imap}INBOX';
$conf['auth']['params']['dsn'] = '{localhost:143/imap}INBOX';

// See $conf['prefs']['params'] further down for an example how to
// setup a SQL backend. But you must use the horde_users SQL table for
// the authentication driver. A SQL script can be found in
// horde/scripts/db/auth.sql.

// For kerberos (krb5) logins, see horde/lib/Auth/krb5.php for
// instructions.

I have full access to Imp, Turba and Nag with MySQL-database. However, the
MySQL-database is not using the table of kronolith_events (0 entries).

May be there is a problem with the database? It consists of 16 fields
and has
been created with phpMyAdmin, using kronolith.sql with the sql-dump.
Seems to be ok.

Can anybody help me?

Thank you!

Markus