[kronolith] Call to a member function on a non-object...

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Fri Feb 21 10:59:08 PST 2003

Having just installed Kronolith on horde 2.2.1, I get:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object
in /var/www/html/horde/kronolith/lib/base.php on line 73

Which line is:
$GLOBALS['calendar']->open(Auth::getAuth());

I'm using MySQL for the calendar, and the table has been created.

Markus K. Schäffauer reported a similar problem.  We both suspect that
the error is due to there being no data in the database - development
appears to be happening only on populated databases, and there's no
provision in the code for "no data yet, make a new entry".  It looks
like it's trying to select the user's calendar and returning an error
because the user hasn't created one.

I can't read the code well enough to determine if this would happen for
any new user, or just for the first new user, I suspect either would
generate the error.