[kronolith] kronolith - performance and memory usage

Oliver Kuhl okuhl at netcologne.de
Tue Mar 4 16:27:54 PST 2003

Hi!

I'm actually developing a webmail-solution for about 100.000 users. I use an
adapted cvs-version of horde/imp/turba/kronolith checked out on 13.12.2002.

While I was looking at the code to understand the import and export
functionality, I found out that kronolith loads a list of all accounts found in
the prefs, which has something to do with the shared-calendars-functionality.

I'm a little bit afraid that this can screw up my servers, because once in
production, there will be several thousand accounts in the db. By the way, I
will try the first betatest with 2 dualcpu 1,3GHz machines with 1 gig RAM each.

Dear developers, please tell me, if I'm wrong or what are your meanings about
this.

Thanks in advance!

Gruss,
   Ollie.