[kronolith] kronolith - performance and memory usage

Oliver Kuhl okuhl at netcologne.de
Tue Mar 4 17:17:11 PST 2003

> > While I was looking at the code to understand the import and export
> > functionality, I found out that kronolith loads a list of all accounts
> > found in the prefs, which has something to do with the
> > shared-calendars-functionality.
>
> Eh? Be a bit more specific about what/where you're talking about.
Sorry! Ok, I debugged a little bit again and found the point again.

Using the import-function, kronolith fills an object $share of type
categoryobject_share in data.php. With print_r I found out that $share[_shareOb]
[_shares][_categories] is a list of _all_ users logged in once via imp. I think
they come from the preferences-table, because there is no other place where the
can be found. $share[_shareOb][_shares][_nameMap] is a second list with all
those users.

I'm afraid that this $share-object is exploding, if there are up to 100.000
users in the prefs.

My question is, what you think about it. Maybe its ok if the object is only
loaded when a user imports his calendar, but if there is such an object in any
normal use of the calendar, this will be a serious performance-issue on huge
installations and will blow up the memory usage.

If this object is created everytime a user views his calendar, I would like to
disable it. Maybe you can give me a hint, if this object is set anytime and
where/if I can fix it, without crashing everything. The share-stuff is a bit
complex for me to quickly understand anything.

I hope you now know, what I think about... ;-)

Gruss,
   Ollie.