[kronolith] advantage of mcal over msql

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sun Mar 16 21:17:55 PST 2003

Quoting Worns Urstmann <wurst at eminenz.ath.cx>:

> is there any advantage of using mcal instead of mysql database for
> calendars? i tried the whole day to get mcal - before i spend another day
> on it i would like to know why i am doing this...

Speed, maybe, since you get more logic in C instead of in PHP code. But
really it's up to you. There are advantages to a DB, too.

Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"... It is not more light we need, but more warmth! We die of cold, not of
darkness. It is not the night that kills, but the frost." - Miguel de Unamuno