[kronolith] Fwd: multiple backend for kronolith

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue Apr 22 00:34:45 PDT 2003

Quoting Didier Colens <dcolens at cisco.com>:

> Following our discussion on the kronolith alias, I thought a bit
> more to the multiple calendars with different backends, and I wrote
> a fake driver able to host multiple backends, the idea is that the
> driver contains an array where each key is a backend type, when the
> calendar is created, it creates the calendar objects in the array.
>
> The advantage is I don't modify your code and I can upgrade to
> newer release. The problem is I did not write anything to hold the
> calendar_id to backend mapping (I use some sort of static mapping
> at the moment).
>
> Not sure whether you'll find this useful or not, but it's the only
> way I could find to stay compatible with newer releases of kronolith.

This looks like an interesting way of doing this, but things like
getCalType() still need to be implemented. If you get this fleshed out a
bit and clean it up to follow docs/CODING_STANDARDS and include some more
comments, I can see adding this to CVS.

Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"... It is not more light we need, but more warmth! We die of cold, not of
darkness. It is not the night that kills, but the frost." - Miguel de
Unamuno