[kronolith] mcal vs. Sql / how to get shared calendar

Bjørn Ove Grøtan bjorn.grotan at itea.ntnu.no
Sat Apr 26 21:08:24 PDT 2003

Andreas Gunleikskås:

> I can't find any information about the differenses between using mcal
> and sql.
>
> At http://www.horde.org/kronolith/ it sais that that the comming version
> have support for shared calendars and iCalendar/vCalendar (thru IMP),
> but i can't find anything about it in the 1.1-RC4 that i'm testing on
> now - running on sql.
>
> Are these features only working with mcal? Have i missed some settings?
> Or isn't it implemented in v1.1

Only the the cvs-version (HEAD) has support for shared calendars, and
not 1.0 nor 1.1-release candidates.

Either you store events in e.g. mysql-tables or use a mcal-storage. My
guess is it's easier to setup and use mysql if you don't even have a
clue of what mcal is. In any case you need sql to store preferences
and whatnot. I use mysql in my test-environment.
--
Regards

Bjørn Ove Grøtan
"Resistance is futile.  You will be assimilated."