[kronolith] Shared Calendar Unsupported Message when listing/changing perms

cmerritt at training.triconts.com cmerritt at training.triconts.com
Fri Jun 27 00:01:54 PDT 2003

I have traced the reason we are getting the message Unsupported when attempting
to modify permissions on a shared calendar.  When you go into the permissions
window, kronolith attempts to obtain a list of users from the backend.  In this
case, the my backend doesn't support listing/adding users so I get the message
Unsupported when I modify the permissions.

In this case, the permissions seem to work.  Here is another interesting one.
When modifying the permissions of a shared calendar, I must perform one of the
following to get the permissions to work:

*  Assign Default Permissions of at least Show, and then add users to a group,
and give the group the necessary permissions.  If I don't assign the Default
Permissions of Show, the group permissions don't take effect.  If I assign the
Default Permissions of Show, the users in the group get the appropriate rights.

*  Another option I have tested is to Give the user permissions directly which
works fine.

Just wondering if anyone else has worked on a patch for this.  As a temporary
solution I have remarked out the code in /horde/lib/Auth/application.php that
raises does the backend checks becuase I have work arounds and I want the
message to go away.