[kronolith] Import / export design

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sun Jun 29 13:33:56 PDT 2003

Zitat von steve <smailling at free.fr>:

> I have a design isssue about the import/export feature.
> Why would not  we add 2 new drivers (csv file and Palm format)?

The CSV driver is the first import/export driver we ever had. The Palm
driver is also there but hasn't been ported to the Horde_Data framework.
Tested patches are welcome.

> Then, we could change the import/export jobs to:
> - import from one driver
> - export to another driver
> In fact, import and export will be the same code (ie. to export, it is
> import from the ical driver and export to the csv driver)

That's already there.

> At this point, it would be much easier to add a support to import/export
> from/to another format.

We already have a driver style framework for this. Just add any driver that
you want.

> I already took a look of horde/lib/data.php, but I am not sure that
> kronolith/data.php must have in one file all the specific code to handle
> different import/exports.

data.php does only the user interaction. Everything else is done in the
Horde_Data drivers.

> Last but not least, a such way to do would allow us to add an event
> directly to a yahoo calendar for example, something impossible to do with
> the actual design.
>
> What do you think?

I have no idea what code you're looking at, but everything you said is
already implemented for months or even years.

Jan.