[kronolith] SMS reminder for kronolith

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sun Jul 6 07:32:33 PDT 2003

Quoting Yedidia Klein <yedidia at jct.ac.il>:

> it's easy to find in DB the starting time and the alarm delay.

... so you're reimplementing all of the recurrence login in Perl for this (well,
looking at your script, you're not, so it's going to generate a lot of false
alerts)? Doing this directly from the db isn't going to work very well.

> I have two open issues:
> a) how to find user cell number
>         1) get it from turba (I don't like it cause normally a user
> isn't putting his data in turba and there is no username info in turba)
>         2) add another kronolith pref in horde_pref table. - need
> apropriate place in kronolith config page.

Pretty easy either way. Ideally, users should have generalized notification
settings somewhere.

> b) how to make the SMS queue ? an option that I was thinking about was
> to check every 5 minutes (for example) the alarm that will happen in the
> coming 5 minutes and set UNIX "at" that will send the SMSes.. (this
> won't work for MS users - but this can be a feature :))
> in this way if someone will put an alarm that should alarm in less that
> 5 minutes there won't be any SMS...
>
> what do you think ?

Take a look at horde/lib/Scheduler.php.

> p.s. I saw on archives that someone already thought about it a year ago,
> did someone get to it ? maybe there is already a tool for this ?

Not entirely, but look at kronolith/scripts/eventd.

Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
The alligators were there, too, in a bathtub inside the house.