[kronolith] CSV import not working

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Jul 8 15:52:36 PDT 2003

Zitat von Florin Andrei <florin at sgi.com>:

> I'm having trouble importing data from a CSV file.
> I'm running Kronolith-1.1, Horde-2.2.3, PHP-4.2.3, Apache-1.3.27 and
> MySQL-3.23.42 on SGI Irix 6.5.
> I'm using MySQL as a backend for pretty much everything in Horde and
> Kronolith. Only logging is performed via syslog.
> Kronolith seems to work well, i can add events, edit them, delete, etc.
> However, importing from CSV does not work.
>
> I attached to this message the CSV file that i'm trying to import. It
> was generated (i think) on a Windows system, probably using Microsoft
> Project.

Without testing your csv file, my wild guess is, that this file will never
work. For one it doesn't have an end date what *might* cause general
problem with Kronolith.

Beside that (not only) the first row contains empty fields, while you still
choose the first row to contain the column names. But how should we
associate the following rows with column names, if most of them are not
only the same but also empty.

OK, this is rather a technical problem that might be circumvented, but
still.

Jan.