[imp] Re: [kronolith] Kronolith and Outlook plugin/connector

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Jul 9 09:06:21 PDT 2003

> Quoting Mark Gimelfarb <dawebber at atlas.cz>:
>
> >         As I explained Dennis in my e-mail to him, and which he quoted
> in his
> > message to the list, the connector that I've written lacked the actual
> > transport piece b/w Kronolith and Outlook. The reason for this was
> because at
> > the time I wrote it, transition from 1.0 to 1.1 was underway, and were
> there
> > lots of changes going on. I decided to wait till the data transfer API
> gets a
> > bit more settled, before continuing
>
> You should work with Kronolith 2.0 (Horde HEAD); there's a pretty solid
> XML-RPC
> api and anything that works with that will be supported further on down
> the
> road.

And please note that there is also a (VB.NET, I wish it was C#) project,
called HordeConduit for HotSyncing between Horde and a Palm.

I have no idea if we could use some common codebase at all between your
connector and the conduit, but at least they are similar and thus we should
continue this discussion on the conduit@ mailinglist.

Jan.