[kronolith] Installation troubles

Martyn lists at muphi.com
Fri Jul 11 15:44:59 PDT 2003

Brenda Bell:
> Quoting Martyn Fagg <lists at muphi.com>:
>
> > The trouble is, it wont let me log into kronolith/horde. I don't get
> > any
> > error messages, just get returned back to login screen.
>
> I had this problem recently when I upgraded some packages on my
> server.  If
> I remember correctly, I had the wrong setting for register_globals,
> magic_quotes_runtime or magic_quotes_gpc.  Check the Horde
> requirements and
> make sure you have the correct settings for these items in your php.ini.

I don't have access to the php.ini file, but I have set the values using
.htaccess to be the following:
  php_value magic_quotes_gpc off
  php_value magic_quotes_runtime off
  php_value register_globals on

I think this is correct, but it still isn't working.

The test.php warns that I haven't got safe_mode disabled, but I don't that
is the problem as it only seems to be necessary for different languages.

There are a few other warnings:
  DOM XML Support: No
  FTP Support: No
  Gettext Support: Yes
  IMAP Support: Yes
  LDAP Support: No
  MCAL Support: No
  Mcrypt Support: No
  MySQL Support: Yes
  PostgreSQL Support: No
  XML Support: Yes

I'm not sure if any of these are the problem. I'm using MySQL as the data
store.

Thanks for your help.

Martyn