[kronolith] Installation troubles

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Jul 11 21:05:48 PDT 2003

Quoting Martyn <lists at muphi.com>:

> The test.php warns that I haven't got safe_mode disabled, but I don't that
> is the problem as it only seems to be necessary for different languages.

Various things are known to be broken in safe_mode.  Some are documented
in the FAQ.  I've heard that there are some problems using mcal with
safe_mode, but have not confirmed that.  Since you use sql anyway, that
won't matter...  But if you really are in safe mode, then expect some
problems (many of which you can work around, but it will take extra work
on your part).

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics