[kronolith] Installation troubles

Martyn Fagg lists at muphi.com
Mon Jul 14 01:11:31 PDT 2003

Eric Rostetter:
> Quoting Martyn <lists at muphi.com>:
>
>> Is there any way I can disable safe_mode without having access to
>> the php config files? (e.g. through the use of .htaccess?)
>
> I don't believe so, as it wouldn't be a very safe safe_mode if you
> could.

Fair point.

>> Or alternatively, can you point me in the direction of the code I
>> would need to modify to allow it to work with safe_mode enabled?
>
> AFAIK, no one has tried to run the latest kronolith code in safe mode
> yet, so I can't say where the problems, if any, would be there.  For
> Horde et al, only thing I can say is check the list archives (any
> admin faq maybe).

Looking through the source I found that horde needs write access to the /tmp
directory so I've changed it to using one in my web space, but it still
isn't working so I guess there are other things to look for. I couldn't see
anything in the admin faq but I haven't checked the list archives yet, I'll
do that now.

Cheers,
Martyn