[kronolith] problems with groups

Dennis Ortsen mosaic at pinetree.nl
Thu Jul 31 01:08:57 PDT 2003

Hi Chuck,

I'd like to work with the great group funtionalities as well, I have been
trying a few things with a complete CVS checkout from two weeks ago. I
noticed this post coming in and want just about the exact same thing as
Mark.

I've got 2 questions if you don't mind:
1. Is it always possible to work with groups/permission in kronolith while
you are using IMP and IMAP as a backend for authentication? Or perhaps this
is even clearer: regardless the authentication backend you've setup, you are
always able to create groups with permissions which are always honored
troughout the entire framework?

2. You mentioned you changed something regarding to groups yesterday, I
should be able to do this within the cvs system, but I'm not to familiar
with cvs commands, except for the co part :-), but if possible, could you
give me a quick, short (if any) on which files you've changed? If it are
only a few, I simply copy those, but if there are a lot, I'll need to make a
new checkout. Or if that's easier, could you give me an example on how to
use a cvs command that will list all files changed the last x days?

Thanks a lot,

Wkr,

Dennis