[kronolith] error with ie 5.1.7 (mac-version)

Rob Lineweaver rlineweaver at harrisonburg.k12.va.us
Wed Aug 27 10:50:44 PDT 2003

Quoting peter.mueller at freelinks.ch:

> the button goto with kronolith doesn't functioned with ie 5.1.7
> (mac-version).
> when i press this button the browser load and load,... to stop this, i must
> close the ie-window.
>
> have somebody a solution for this problem?

Peter,

If you are using CVS HEAD this was fixed about a month ago.  Well, actually, we
just removed the 'Goto' button for Mac IE because it utilizes capabilities that
the browser doesn't have...

If you are using a stable release then you really just need to hack
horde/lib/Browser.php to not execute  "$this->setFeature('dom');" when the
browser is Mac IE.  The patch to do this for HEAD is here:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=horde-dev&m=105958543313657&w=2

and you could probably adapt that to the stable release versions fairly easily.
I remember doing it locally myself, over a year ago.  I can't find that a patch
was ever submitted for a stable version but the discussion thread was here:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=kronolith&m=101982039005946&w=2

Rob Lineweaver
Network Administrator
Harrisonburg City Public Schools

p.s. sorry for being about a week behind following this mailing list.