[kronolith] view a shared calendar with Mozilla's Calendar project

mosaic at pinetree.nl mosaic at pinetree.nl
Thu Dec 18 02:20:00 PST 2003

Hi everyone,

I've got Kronolith running for a while now, with shared calendars and all,
works great!

But I want to take it a step further. Mozilla has this project called
Calendar. This Mozilla Calendar (MozCal) can also read and write to remote
calendars by means of a WebDAV enabled server. That works great too. I want
to do the same thing with my shared calendar in Kronolith. I've read on
various places that with the following URL, you can extract free/busy
information from Kronolith
http://your-server/horde/kronolith/fb.php?c=calendar-name When I create a
new calendar file in MozCal and enter the information like this, I get
*some* information from Kronolith, which is cool, but MozCal says there are
no events in this file. Which is correct, since I only see free/busy
information, not the events that go along with the free/busy information.

Now, I don't know a great deal about the standards for free/busy and iCal
and so on, but I think that the current behavious is correct. Free/busy is
only free/busy information, and nothing more. An iCal file has events and so
on, which is what MozCal needs for the remote calendaring to work (is that a
new word? calendaring?). If I export a calendar to an iCal file from
Kronolith, and import that in MozCal, it all works like a charm, so that's
great.

But to get to my question, how can I *easily* extract an iCal file (not the
free/busy information) from Kronolith, so I can *publish that somewhere*
where MozCal can read and import it? Is there such a functionality already,
or something similar that's about to be finished?

Any help/ideas is/are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Wkr,

Dennis Ortsen