[kronolith] Extracting all pending calendar events

Richard.Heggs at nottinghamcity.gov.uk Richard.Heggs at nottinghamcity.gov.uk
Wed Dec 31 05:40:55 PST 2003

Hi List,

I'm working on Yet Another Alarm Daemon, largely because I'm trying to get a
handle on XML-RPC.

What users have asked for is a summary email to be sent to them every
morning, that lists all appointments for that day.  What I envisage is a
job running on the mail server each night that queries Kronolith for *all*
calendars (not just shared calendars with appropriate permissions), then,
for each calendar, constructs a summary. and emails it to the calendar
owner.

The problem is, I can't see a way of extracting all the data that I am
looking for; I don't have a problem logging in as Fred and extracting data
from Fred's shared calendars, but I am unable to get a "dump" of every
calendar.  Is there a way, or am I going to have to resort to evil
hackery?

Richard

views which are not the views of Nottingham City Council unless specifically
stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system,
do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance
on it and notify the sender immediately. Please note that Nottingham City
Council monitors e-mails sent or received. Further communication will
signify your consent to this.