Fwd: Re: [kronolith] Multiple / shared calendars

Ben Davis ben.davis at pca-wichita.com
Fri Mar 12 16:34:58 PST 2004

Quoting Benoit St-Andre <ben at benoitst-andre.net>:

> No, there not necessarily the same. If user1 has added 2 more event
> categories
> than user2, and user1 is the owner of the shared calendar, if user2 has
> access to the shared calendar, he is going to see his own event categories
> legend for his personal calendar and the user1 category legend for the shared
> calendar.
>
> Unless you lock the preference event_categories...

Actually, now that I think of it, that's really not good. I mean, if
user1 has a
category for "My blind dates"  and he is the owner of the "Important Meetings"
shared calendar, then everyone who has access to view the important meetings
calendar will see "My blind dates" down at the bottom.

Granted, this is a silly example, but since categories aren't per-calendar, It
really should be changed so that the user only see's his/her _own_ categories.

Chuck: how are categories saved right now? would it really be that big of an
overhaul to make them per-calendar?? Or would there be another way to get
around it?